Every day is a school day when it comes to parenting. It is challenging, rewarding and sometimes its funny.
So what has being a mum taught me today?
– dried milk and weetbix would make an excellent substitute for cement
– just because it seems to be entertaining both children and thus giving you a break, it is not advisable to let the five year old roll the toddler across the floor
– doing the dishes might be your biggest accomplishment for the day
– if possible, you should celebrate your big accomplishment with cupcakes
– hearing your child say, “Jeeeeezus CHRIST!” is less funny than you might imagine it would be
– Cake is the answer to all my woes.
– going to the toilet without an audience should not feel so much like ‘Mummays alone time’
– if you don’t cut your baby’s fingernails, he will rip your face off
– putting away a basket of washing that has been sitting there for two weeks feels like you just climbed Everest
– all day long time will drag right up until it’s 4pm and you haven’t even thought about what’s for dinner and then suddenly the children will start askng for food.
– the forecast for tomorrow looks suspiciously familiar.