In this day an age where it’s easy to focus on the bad news. There’s so much goodness too, heroic people and beauty in the world. It’s all around us if we look from the moment we wake up until we turn out the light. Every single day, I am grateful to be able to live and breathe. Everything that had happened in my life – the good, the bad, the mistakes, the losses, and the triumphs – has made me who I am today and I’m glad for all of it.
Today I am going to share with you ten things that made me smile in September. I am sure there are a lot more than ten things. These however are the ones that stand out the most.
1. My two, nearly three-year old started preschool. Only a few hours a week until he gets his funding in January. He made me smile as he went in with no tears and absolutely loves it.
2. Met up with some incredible blogger friends and made new friends at a few different events.
3. The firemen that waved at J as it went past. It made his day.
4. My mother in law when she arranged for us to go to Fuerteventura with her in October.
5. The elderly couple holding hands walking out from the supermarket store to their car.
6. The look on my children’s faces when their Grandparents came to visit.
7. Spending time on the beach and paddling in the sea. I love the sunshine.
8. Finally decluttering our bedroom after managing to sell some of the children’s clothes that were in there.
9. Baking with J and then getting to eat the end product! He loves to make chocolate cornflake cakes.
10. Spending time with friends and their children on a day out.
These 10 things had definitely made me smile sincerely and with deep gratitude reflecting on all the goodness that surrounds us. It is the little things that can make someone’s day.
I have decided to add a few photos to the post, purely because they make me smile.
On a day out we went out on a Deer train. E was petrified of them so I went to take a photo and she tried to smile. Her reaction to the Deer was a little funny.
Trips to the beach always make me smile. I love living by the seaside and wouldn’t change it for anything.
I really do have so many photos I could share, however I will only add one more.
My parents came to visit on the last weekend of the month. I always love to see them. We went out for a little walk with Grandma which I think everyone enjoyed.
I hope everyone had a lovely September and that the sunny days gave you plenty to smile about. Here is hoping October is a wonderful month too.