I don’t even know what to say. Am I really 8-months postpartum, and my little baby eight months old?
It’s all going too fast. I say it every time, and judging by the old women who accost me on the bus to tell me, “Cherish this time because it goes too fast,” I will continue to say this every time. Forever. I just cannot believe it has been 8-months since I was pregnant. Too fast…
1. J is big – I need to get him weighed but the main thing I notice is how long he is – he is longer than babies older than him..
2. He is a human wrecking ball. Now that J is mobile he rolls into everything in his way. He is constantly up to no good.
3. He has figured out that screaming, fussing and whining will get him attention. I am trying not to respond as much, but he knows as long as he keeps it up and gets progressively louder someone will come running.
4. The child has a death grip. I have to make sure I do not push J within arms reach of anything when out shopping. If he grabs hold and I take it away, he makes such a huge scene you would think I was trying to kill or kidnap him.
5. He enjoys his food and is already showing food preferences – he isn’t a fan of broccoli, he has a very funny I don’t like broccoli face!.
6. He is trying out all kinds of sounds, tones and pitches. I LOVE hearing his little voice. I hate hearing him scream for fun.
7. He is getting a lot better at sleeping but still wakes at night, normally for his dummy – some nights are worse than others and some nights he sleeps through yay!
8. The toy saga has already began, he wants all of E’s toys -currently Barbie dolls and her favourite ball in fact anything that isn’t his he makes a bee line for!
9.J is awesome. I am so lucky. If I was not a selfish human I would not have any complaints. He is a wonderful blessing. I love watching him grow and become a little boy.