This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Charlotte from The Mummy Toolbox
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
My name is Charlotte and I blog over at The Mummy Toolbox which is predominantly lifestyle and parenting orientated (with recipes and cats thrown in for good measure). One thing I like to say about my blog is that I like to cover a range of topics because I try new things frequently so there is something for everyone.
2. What is your current relationship status?
Married for five years which sometimes feels like a day, sometimes a lifetime.
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
We celebrate usually by just spending the day or the evening together and we don’t tend to buy gifts (although they are always appreciated ahem!) but we use it as a reminder to take time for each other.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
Well five years ago it was a trip to the theatre in London, nowadays it’s a good dinner out (with plenty of cocktails!)
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
I think when I came home to a tidy house and the promise of an evening together which just showed me I was thought of and cared about. I’m easy to please clearly! Although jewellery never goes a miss either.
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
Ooo I love a walk to remember, even though that makes me blubber every time.
I quite like some of the old classics (please don’t shoot me feminists) but seven brides for seven brothers and Calamity Jane are some of my favourite films, although I don’t condone stealing wives in the middle of the night. They are musicals which are some of my favourite.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
Crushes you mean: in no particular order; Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and Milo Ventimiglia. Oooo and maybe Chris Pratt because he’s hilarious.
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
I think they are beautiful and I love receiving flowers, however I am a flower killer! I can’t even keep cacti alive, like Elsa can freeze things, I can murder plants with a single touch!
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
I have one 5 year old little guy and one baking as we speak! (so I am getting another one regardless!)
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
Oo this is a toughie because I am a terrible dancer (as is husband) so it would have to be slow and easy to dance to, probably something like “Have I Told You Lately” by Van Morrison.
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
I think we are spending this valentine’s day at home all day, it seems we both have the day off so might go out shopping and some lunch. Real quality time, maybe I can hint at some jewellery too!
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
Bleugh! No way, I cannot stand seafood, fish or shellfish of any kind, and if the hubby ate them I would be running a mile which is probably the opposite effect.
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
We want to go to Reykjavik to watch the northern lights under a glass igloo! It’s our dream getaway (although way out of budget).
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
One year I got Disney Pyjamas with a yoga mat which sounds boring but it was the best gift ever. I still have my yoga mat and I wear my PJ’s all the time.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship.
Honesty, above anything else, I am a pretty tough cookie and I can get over many things and deal with a variety of situations BUT you lie to me and that to me is a deal breaker!
Catch Charlotte and her awesome blog on the internet and social media!
Facebook Page: http://www.themummytoolbox.com