Hello my name is Lynsey and I suck at moderation.
Come to think of it I have always been terrible at taking things in small doses, well except for that horrific antibiotic’s and corn beef and potato pie I had to consume as a kid.
For example, come Easter I would probably have all my stash eaten within a day or two. However, my older brother was the opposite! Such is his ability to self moderate.
When at family occasions I would be the one that always has more for just a little bit more cake or pudding.
During my years at university I wasn’t just content with one wine or cocktail during the happy hour at the local pub. One of the many things I learnt at University included how to drink and how to cope with a hangover.
I could go on but I’m sure you’re starting to see where I’m going with this.
Yes, I suck at moderation. You probably know whether you suck at moderation too, if not here is a handy checklist….
7 signs you suck at moderation
1. At a buffet you aren’t content with only choosing your favourite foods. You try others too and then go back for more.
2. When beverages are free-flowing at a social event you quickly consume the last of your drink the second you spy the waiter heading your way, because, refill.
3. You spend two weeks eating super healthy and exercising and then you fall off the wagon and can’t be bothered getting back on it again.
4. When pregnancy cravings arise you don’t fight them and consume a box of 4 cream cakes a night in the last month of your pregnancy (true story).
5. You rarely say the words ‘no thanks I’m stuffed’ when someone has offered you sweet or savoury treat at social events.
6. When working or even at work you happily nibble biscuits at your desk. In the time I have consumed 4 biscuits. oops!
7. If you have a special event or occasion coming up you eat super healthy and exercise. Once you have shone like the fabulous star you are, you re-started your carb addiction and begin eating like Elvis during his darkest hours.
I’m sure there are plenty of benefits of being sucky at moderation, it’s just that I can’t think of any healthy ones right this minute.
Just to highlight that I don’t actually live on nothing but cake and biscuits. I do consume healthy food too, however I wont bore you with that.