I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I also hope you are having a great school holidays, if you have children.
The title of this blog post conjures up all things wonderful about Australia. Now don’t get me wrong, I am sure Australia is an amazing place and it is top of my list of places to visit. However I wish they would keep their bugs to themselves.
Just before Easter and during the Easter break my husband and I both had Aussie Flu. I have never felt so poorly. Aching all over, a headache, hot then cold, an upset tummy. It was flaming awful. Looking after two children wasn’t easy. Thankfully they were both so well-behaved. Both my husband and I were poorly for nine days and even then getting any form of appetite back was a slow process, we also lacked energy. I certainly wouldn’t wish Aussie flu on anyone.
We still managed to have some fun over the Easter School holidays, take a look what we got up to on our Easter School Holiday post.
Anyway enough of how poorly I felt. Seeing as this post mentions Australia I decided to quiz my Australian friend to give me some interesting or possibly pointless information to share with you.
- Australia has more sheep than people.
- Wombat poop is cube shaped! This helps it mark its territory.
- A kangaroo is only one centimetre long when it is born.
- An Australian man once tried to sell New Zealand on eBay.
- Australia is home to 21 venomous snakes.
- It is the 6th largest country in the world.
- And did you know that there are over 60 different types of kangaroos?
- There are 36 species of poisonous funnel-web spiders
- Australia is home to the longest fence in the world. It was originally built to keep dingoes away from fertile land
- The Great Barrier Reef has its own post box.
I hope you enjoyed my ten random facts about Australia. My friend is from Alice Springs which has a population of around 28,000. He told me it take 3-4 days to drive there from Sydney! So he lives in the middle of no where. I have no idea how many of the things about Australia are true. I did google a few, I really wanted to know if it was true about Wombat Poo being cube shaped.
It only seems fitting to add my own fact to all this information. That is that Aussie Flu is flipping awful and it knocked me for six.