I am the sort of person that gets stressed out easily. I do sometimes find parenting hard, especially to a very strong-willed toddler. There are however a few things that make me truly happy.
1) A really hot, great smelling bubble bath. (Even when I am surrounded by bath toys or have the children running in to show me things)
2) The perfect hot chocolate. Really hot, cream and marshmallows are a must. (Even though I rarely get to finish it before it goes cold.)
3) Being in my bed, the only sound the white noise around me. In the summer, the window open . In the winter, getting cosy with the heating on. And my husband’s being next to me, a comforting constant, despite his annoying snoring. I love my bed and I love sleep (Even though morning will come sooner than I’d like and I’ll never feel truly rested)
4) A happy duo in the back of the car. (they make me laugh at their simplicity, innocence and outright silliness)
5) An evening meal that the entire family eats without complaining. (Even though someone will no doubt drop a fork or spill some food on themselves)
6) The smell of warm, sleepy children. I love to watch them sleep and I also love them getting into my bed in the morning for a cuddle.
7) The perfect photo…one that catches my child looking joyous . (Not a forced smile, a capture of pure happiness)
8) New shoes. Nice pretty shoes, they don’t always have to be practical. As long as I get to wear them (However, shoes shopping is now normally buying shoes for the kids)
9) Summer holidays…unscheduled, fun days of the beach, days out, naps and travelling. (Even though each day comes with some bickering )
10) Seeing my children learn new things. New words, new subjects at school…the bittersweet pride of my little ones growing, living and taking on the world. (Even though I wish time would slow down)
Life has its ups and down’s, I may complain about how hard things are. But I wouldn’t change being a mum for the world. My children make me so happy and really proud.